Lakewood Park Bible Camp
 

established in 1936

Chautauqua Building

Lakewood Park Bible Camp was established in 1936 to provide a place of annual renewal to the churches of the North Dakota Assemblies of God.  For the first decade, camp meetings were held in the Chautauqua building near Devils Lake.  In 1946 a storm blew down the Chautauqua Building.

In response Herman Johnson, the Superintendent of the North Dakota Assemblies of God enlisted the help of John Liechty, a farmer from the Jamestown area, to aid in the design and construction of a three seasons facility which was dedicated for use in 1948.

In the years since, the addition of a cafeteria, motel units, a youth lodge, and most recently a snack shop have joined the original chapel, cabins and retreat center to make Lakewood Park Bible Camp an ideal place for encounters with God, and friends, new and old.

administrator

Lucas & Jen Aufenkamp and their four kids moved to Lakewood in December of 2017 to serve as Camp Administrators.  They previously had lived in Valley City, where Lucas had served in ministry at New Life Assembly of God church since 2003.  Lucas and Jen first met at Family Camp at Lakewood in 2006 where Jen was spending the summer working as a housekeeper.  They both grew up attending youth camps at Lakewood.